Students wishing to have exams proctored must contact Adult Services to discuss exam requirements.
Students wishing to have exams proctored at the library must contact the Adult Services department (937-642-1876, ext. 32) to discuss conditions for proctoring and make arrangements for taking an exam. the library may not be able to meet the proctoring requirements for all institutions.
Exam Proctoring Guidelines
1. Proctoring is available only during the library’s open hours, when the staff member responsible for administering the exam is on duty. Arrangements must be made ahead of time, so that there is adequate time for delivery of the exam to the library.
2. The student must make all arrangements with the institution giving the exam. Contact the institution to ensure that library staff proctoring the exam meet criteria set by the institution.
3. Arrange for delivery of the exam. Library staff cannot make these arrangements for you.
4. Exams may be taken online or on paper. Library staff will ensure that the person taking the exam meets its requirements, such as verifying ID and whether he or she has any accompanying materials. However, it is often not possible for a staff person to remain with the person taking the exam for the entire time.
5. The student, or the examining institution, must provide postage if the exam is to be returned by mail. Library staff proctoring the exam will be responsible for mailing the completed exam back to the examining institution.
6. Library staff will determine whether they have the available resources to proctor an exam and may decline if staff is not available or the exam does not meet the guidelines listed above.
7. There is no fee for proctoring.