Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have any book recommendations?
- How do I get a card, and how old does a child have to be to get a card?
- How do automatic renewals work?
- What is an ‘account block’?
- How much are fines?
- How do I place an item on hold, and how do I pick it up?
- How do I reserve a meeting room?
- How do I get a library book on my device (iPad, tablet, phone, etc.)?
- When do you have a notary?
- Do you have computers/printing/fax/copier/wifi?
Complete Policy Manual MPL Policy Manual approved 1.18.2017 -Updated 2.21.2018
Patrons are expected to be considerate to other patrons and library staff, and patrons may be asked to leave for loud/disturbing behavior, harassing others, soliciting, or destructing property.
Depending on the severity of the behavior, a patron may be barred from returning to the library for a limited or indefinite amount of time.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Using profanity or abusive language; excessive or loud use of cell phones
- Bringing firearms, handguns, knives or other weapons defined by Ohio statute on library property
- Using tobacco or e-cigarettes in any form while inside a library building or on library property
- Accessing pornographic material or material with graphic, gratuitous or excessive violence while in the library.
Please refer to our policy manual for a complete list of all of our policies, including patron conduct.
We gladly accept:
- Books in excellent condition and usually published within the last 5 years
- Audiobooks (on CD)/Music CDs/DVDs in excellent condition
- Local History or Genealogy material that has direct relevance to Union County (research decisions made on a case by case basis)
(Excellent condition is considered like-new with no marks/tears etc; no odors; no damage)
We are not able to accept:
- Materials that exhibit signs of smoke, mold, pests or water damage
- Encyclopedias, reference books or textbooks
- Music or audiobooks on cassettes; movies on VHS
- Magazines of any kind
- Self-published materials (unless reviewed in established review journals; exceptions may be made for materials of local interest that meet the collection development policy)
- Items that have been withdrawn from any library collection and sold previously