Get InvolvedFriends of the Library
Circulation Clerk: Part-time position, 15-20 hrs/week. Day & evening shifts including a minimum of 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday/month. Salary starts at $10.30/hr. This position is the first point of contact for the public — excellent customer service skills, high school diploma or GED, and basic Windows computer skills are required, library and/or retail experience is desired. Job applications and descriptions can be found on our website https://marysvillelib.org/involvement/ Applications are accepted in person, by mail to Cindy Crawford, HR Manager, 231 S. Plum St., Marysville, 43040; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 937-624-3457. Equal Opportunity Employer. Application deadline is open until filled.
Community Engagement Manager
Required: BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Journalism or combination of other post-secondary education. Library experience or history of strong library use
Desired: MLIS, Management experience or training, Background in graphic design, web design and web content development on a professional level as well as familiar with using Social Media.
Brief Job Description:
Manages patron communications: develops design of and context for monthly print and e-newsletter; coordinates social media presence and targeted email communications; creates high quality content for website; manages patron comments and responses.
Working with the Library Director and management team, create an annual marketing plan; to identify opportunities for library participation in community events; develops innovative and responsive programs at locations outside the library; collaborates with staff with library initiatives and programs for working with area school, daycares, local governments, and other non-profit service providers and agencies.
Liaison to community organizations: maintains current community partnerships; identifies strategic new community partners and develops relationships with them; collaborates with all relevant groups to achieve countywide strategic goals.
Serves as member of management team: contributes development of annual planning initiatives and development of services, programs, and policies, and coordination of activities across all library departments.
Salary Base salary begins at $34,560, depending on experience, plus benefits. Salaried, Exempt. Must be open to flexible schedule including day, evening, and weekend hours.
Application Process: Submit the following to email@example.com , by fax (937) 642-3457 or by mail to Cindy Crawford, HR Manager, Marysville Public Library, 231 S. Plum St., Marysville, OH, 43040.
- Application form Job Application
- Examples of press releases, printed or electronic marketing efforts you created for a library or other organization, examples of, or links to web, social media, or other e-communications created by you.
- Examples of collaborative programs or services you’ve coordinated and implemented.
- Applications received before August 12, 2017 will receive preference. Position open until filled.
Join us! There are many exciting opportunities to learn, help and grow at your Marysville Public Library. For more information contact by calling Ashley Gahm at 642-1876, ext. 26, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Marysville Public Library is a separate non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, established to support the library and its mission in the community. Through memberships, book sales and other activities, the Friends raise funds to support Library programs and services, grow the Endowment and provide volunteer assistance.
Support the Friends with your Kroger Card.
Contribute to the Endowment
The Friends of the Marysville Public Library have an endowment fund to receive and manage gifts to the Library. A gift to the Endowment in memory of someone is a special way to pay lasting tribute, and donors have the satisfaction of knowing their gifts will result in lasting benefit for the Marysville Public Library.
Monetary gifts are gratefully accepted and are tax deductible. For additional information or In Memoriam donations, please contact Bethany Anderson, Community Engagement Manager, 937-642-1876 ext. 24.
We gladly accept:
- Books in excellent condition and usually published within the last 5 years
- Audiobooks (on CD)/Music CDs/DVDs in excellent condition
- Local History or Genealogy material that has direct relevance to Union County research
(Excellent condition is considered like-new with no marks/tears etc; no odors; no damage)
We are not able to accept:
- Materials that exhibit signs of smoke, mold, pests or water damage
- Encyclopedias, reference books or textbooks
- Music or audiobooks on cassettes; movies on VHS
- Magazines of any kind
- Self-published materials (unless reviewed in established review journals; exceptions may be made for materials of local interest that meet the collection development policy)
- Items that have been withdrawn from any library collection and sold previously